Sunday 10 August 2014

When you assume...


...You don't half come across like a complete toss pot.


And I'm not just speaking to the admirers (a term I don't like very much because it's far too polite).
I'm talking to CD's, TV's, TG's, TS's and everyone in between, because this is a mother fucking rainbow.

But for today, I'll discuss [read - Destroy] the admirers.
And before my own admirers decide I'm a horrible bitch, I will preface this with a disclaimer,
I'm not speaking about all admirers, I'm speaking of the stereotype (that if you're an admirer, even a nice admirer) that you will never know of, because admirers don't try to put their penises in other admirers.
Well, they might, but like I said, I'm not speaking for all, only the stereotype.
This could come across as a 'How to talk to TGs on-line 101', but its more than that. The internet, being a land of anonymity, its far easier for people to let go of normal social pleasantries and revert to base instinct.
You can get a good sense of a person's true self on-line - always remember that.
Trolls are the exception to this rule.

Right, 'gurlz' you know they type I'm talking about here.
The 'no face pic crew'. The men who open correspondence with 'Mmmmmm, sexy bb. Show your c**k'.
The ones who are tenderising their meat as soon as they see you.
Or if they do have a face pic, they usually wait 15 minutes before enquiring about the contents of your knickers.

I'm no language expert, however, I know that to admire someone or something is to hold them in high regards. Alternatively, it can also mean to be attracted to a particular person.
Now I'm sorry, for me, it means both at the same time i.e. Attraction and high regards, I don't think it seems right to have one definition that disregards another. You may disagree - let me know in the comments below!
At what point does 'Mmmmmm, sexy bb. Show your c**k' create the impression of high regard?
It could convey attraction if the person has no concept of social decorum, or was, in fact, a sex offender.
The notion that addressing me in such a way would convince me to masturbate for you (besides the fact that I'm happily engaged and I'm attracted to girls - Which is easily available information) is laughable, but I don't ever laugh. Every time I see words like this pop up on my screen, I cringe. I feel sad, but I never laugh.
I've seen it so many times that I've begun to disregard anyone who refers to themselves as an admirer.
Not because I've forgotten what admiration is, because of the odds that the person behind the title will be a sex pest, with no admiration for me, just another loser trying to get his kink on.

Yes, that is an assumption - that all admirers are sex pests. And that might make me a complete toss pot.
But the greater assumption was made that I was interested in performing a sexual act to a stranger. Which is fine, I can see how people assume that everyone on-line is only there to masturbate with a stranger. However, to then do no follow up research and just read my information (which would tell you that I'm unlikely to appreciate an invitation to look at your sweaty, unwashed genitals while you beat them like they wronged you.) holds no regard for me or others in TG land, never mind high regard.
They assumed that fitting into the transgender [Edit - mother fucking] rainbow means that you are also homosexual, have no standards and will swoon for any old Tom, Dick or Harry.

(Yes, I just said swoon. It seemed appropriate given the heavy use of the word Admirer today, both are words which I quite like, that are sadly declining in use)

I argue that the word 'admirer' has become inappropriate within the TG community.
It is no longer fit for purpose and needs replacing.
I suggest the term 'Letch'. Perfectly suitable. To letch upon a person - to glare with sexual intent.
Thats what the current admirers are doing. They aren't interested in who you are, not with only one hand on the keyboard they aren't. 

Personally, I think the term admirer should become a rank, a badge of honour, awarded to a person when he has proved enough times that he isn't a mere letch. When he/she has taken the time to talk and get to know a person, and even after this has not become a slime ball. Admirer, should be a term bestowed on gentlemen and scholars, a term of re-assurance that you will be able to talk to this person without negative assumptions.

If they were truly admirers in the current model, they would know that not all CDs and TVs are fetishists.
They would know that most of us are straight, and those who identify as Bisexual will often prefer those who identify/present/were born as females.
They would know how to behave like a sir.

Maybe, dear reader, you disagree. Maybe I've got it all wrong.
Maybe things are perfect as they are and I'm the one who is warped.

Let me know what you think in the comments below, and don't forget to hit that follow button!
Thanks for reading xx













No comments:

Post a Comment