Thursday 16 October 2014

Too many people only review a company when they aren't happy...

...I am not one of those people.

And so I am writing this as a reminder to you all that good business' exist, and I'm going to talk about one of them today.

So recently I had a birthday, yes I know, how can I possibly be 21 again?
Well, that secret is mine and mine to keep.
However, www.BananaShoes.com should be no secret to my CD/TV/TS brethren/sistren.
They sell shoes for girls in up to size 14 (UK) heels, boots, even some flats.
Now, as mentioned in a previous blog, I am somewhat dismayed by the lack of choice that Banana Shoes have when you get past size 8. This isn't their fault, the manufacturers just don't make them that big. And while I would love some fashionable heels in my size, I don't want to pay hundreds for them from custom sites online.
This lack of choice, while more limited than genetic girls choice, or even just tiny footed CDs choice, there is still a respectable variety of footwear to be had. They even carry a Nude patent heel - So difficult to come by in my size and they're seemingly a bit of a staple these days.

All I really need now are some affordable flats in my size.

So anyway - my shopping experience.
As I said, it was recently my birthday, so with a little spending money on hand, I decided to treat Samantha to some new stuff - Couple of dresses from Quiz Clothing 

( www.quizclothing.co.uk ), new wig from ebay (seller - koozuland) and some misc jewellery and underwear.
So of course, some shoes were very much in order, I hadn't bought a pair since my last birthday, so it had to happen really.
I'd had my eye on a plain black pair of Mary Jane style courts with a platform for a while, so I decided to get them from Banana Shoes (Here in shall be BS). I had planned to get them elsewhere, but BS had a discount for sharing on social media - So I went with that.
The exact shoe is the Pleaser Delight 687, as seen below.




So I ordered them in a size 10, knowing I'm a large 10/small 11, I kept my fingers crossed that they would fit, I opted to go small because I hate that thing where your foot slides around when you're walking round a corner in heels.
Anyway, they arrived on a monday and  they didn't fit.
Gutted.
Fortunately, BS included a stick on label for returns, so I emailed them and explained the situation and that I would reall like to have the larger size by the weekend (yes I know it's a tranny strereo-type that I dress like a woman on weekends).
The lady who replied was very helpful, and I'm pretty sure she knew she was dealing with a crossdresser, all the clues are there -Size 11, female name on my email and my male name on my credit card. And I'm sure she knows who are likely to buy from her. But even still, I can often detect when someone is being short or snide via text communication, and she was professional to the last.
She told me to send the return ASAP, and that she would post out the larger size as soon as she received the smaller size.
I posted the shoes the next day (tuesday) and sat waiting, itching to get my hooves into these gorgeous strappies.

Wouldn't you know, they turned up on the thursday and fit like a dream!!!

I promised the lady via email that I would make a positive write up on my blog to share my experience with all you lovely people who bother to read my ramblings.

So ladies, gents and all of you in between.
I say this with the preface that I have not been paid or in any way coerced into telling you

Banana Shoes is the place to look if you, like me are cursed with canoe foot.
Helpful customer service, an easy - speedy returns service, and the shoes are gorgeous too!

Side note, courts with a Mary Jane type strap are SOOOO much easier to walk in. I feel like I could run in these, they just stay on your foot - that thing that open courts seem to resist fully LOL.

Sorry it was a bit of a boring one with lack of opinionated rant this time, I really am just very happy.
Here are some pictures featuring my new shoes and my birthday haul goodies, there are more on my Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/100207126@N08/






Thanks for reading, and don't forget to hit that follow button xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment