Tuesday 11 February 2014

Death to the 'Tranny'...

Hello.
What an entrance to the world of 'blogging'.
'Hello'.... Is that all I'm capable of?

Well it'll do for now.

For the purpose of writing this Blog, my name is Samantha, although that's really only a name used online and with other friends whom also divulge in an activity as I do.
I'm choosing to with-hold my 'IRL' name for the sake of privacy and social standing.

You see, this activity is not one that many of us chose at any point, it's just hard wired in, and despite early efforts of repression, it just wont un-wire. Given that I was driven to do something normally considered taboo at the young age of 13 (now 31 - When did that happen) I began to consider that I was mentally ill.
"This isn't normal", I thought, none of my friends spoke of doing this when I was in high school, college or university. Whenever the subject was brought up, it was usually in ridicule and seeming hatred of it.
So I kept quiet until I got the internet, and realised, I was not the only one.


No, it's not the seedy underworld of pigeon racing.
Nor is it the thrill a minute, white knuckle ride that is train spotting.



This, my dear readers is the land of Cross-Dressing.

It goes by many labels, and the level of appropriation and respect vary wildly.

These are just a few;
-Cross-Dressing/Cross-Dresser (CD), 
-Transvestism/Transvestite (TV), 
(Both of the above are essentially banner terms for 'Man wears womens clothes' for whatever reason they specify. Although, from personal observation, it is becoming common for men who wear only female attire to self refer as Transvestite, and those whom only 'dress' occasionally self refer as CrossDressers, but this is not always the case).
-Autogynephillia/Autogynephille (Arousal in men from the thought or sight of themselves as a woman). 
-Transvestic Fetishist (Wears clothes of the opposite gender for the sole purpose of reaching sexual climax, whether alone or with a partner).
-Sissy (Wears clothes made of satin or silk, usually lots of ruffles, sometimes blurs the lines with the adult baby crew - I've never understood sissies. This is not to say they are bad, but y'know live 'n' let live. It just isn't for me. But who doesn't love satin?)
-Tranny. I'm sure you're all familiar with this word.


The very fact that you're familiar with this word saddens me. 
Not least because it just sounds vile, like you could spit it in hatred with a Scouse accent (not sure why I imagine a Scouse accent), but because it demonstrates very little understanding of the Transgender field (not that we can expect bigots to be well educated), and creates this idea that we're (All under the trans. umbrella) are the same.
I mean yeah, we're all the same if you want go deep and get philosophical with some patchouli burning on the table, but we're not the same.


You will note that 'Transexual' does not appear in my list of labels above, this is with good reason. Crossdressers and Transexual women have nothing  in common.
(I do get along quite nicely with a transexual lady from New Jersey though).


Aside from the facts of - Genetic male wears clothes for females.
End of discussion.

If, during your lifetime you were lead to believe that all men who wear women's clothes are the same or do it for the same reasons, you are sadly mistaken.
I am a Cross Dresser.

I however am not;
-Transexual
-Homosexual
-Fetishistic
-Autogynephillic
-Planning on surgery
-Likely to go to Asda dressed in my new leopard print scuba skirt and black peplum top with those lovely black patent 5" heels.

All of us in this umbrella of trans. (Sounds like a dutch techno collective) are different.
We are here for different reasons.
But like everyone within the LGBT community, it's 99.9% likely we did not choose this.
We didn't want the hiding, the denial, the lies or the fear.
We just wanted to be who we are without repression.
We aren't harming anyone, unless that's your kind of thing and you have a safety word.

So how about we spread the word let's kill the 'tranny'.

Do you agree? Let me hear your thoughts in the comments below, and don't forget to follow me for more!

Love ya lots
Samantha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment